Recipe by Vegwife
My dad's favorite sauce. He used to take us to restaurants that made this simple sauce always served with angel hair. This sauce is not meant to be cooked long.
Top Review by Katanashrp
This was very good for a quick cooking sauce, but it needed a little bit of sugar. I also added some crushed red pepper, and that really made it. Overall, it was a delicious meal. Thank you far sharing. Made for 2009 Fall PAC.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch garlic
- 15 leaves fresh basil
- 2 (15 ounce) canspeeled plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Smash garlic with flat object (I use the side of my 8" knife) and peel. Trim of any stem.
- Heat oil in saucepan over low medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until light brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and smash them.
- Add tomato paste.
- Heat to boiling.
- Tear basil and add to sauce. Salt to taste.
- Turn off heat and serve over angel hair pasta.