Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple red sauce, delicious over pasta. With minor changes, such as the addition of dried red pepper flakes, also good on pizza.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 29 ounces tomato puree
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic to skillet, and saute until onions and garlic begin to color.
- Add dried spices to pan, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour.