Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just good sauce for pasta.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook and stir onions, carrots and garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium heat until tender but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat ad simmer 20 minutes.
- Place sauce in food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta.
This marinara sauce was very easy to prepare and it's good. I added a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to liven it up a bit, but it's fine just like it is. Good job JC!
I needed a quick sauce for spaghetti and used this one. It was really good, just as stated it's just a good sauce for pasta. I added meatballs to it, served it over spaghetti and we had garlic bread. The guys were satisfied :) Thanks for the recipe Jax!