Mims & Squims's Note:
This quick & easy sauce puts even the finest store-bought sauces to shame. Fresh herbs, sauteed onions, and zesty peppers create a rich, hearty sauce, perfect for your favorite pasta dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 cup cooked italian sausage (optional)
- 1Cook Italian sausage & set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in large saucepan or pot. Saute onions in oil. Do not brown.
- 3Drain liquid from diced tomatoes & pour liquid over onions.
- 4Add basil, Italian seasoning, oregano, sugar, & red peppers. Simmer 30 minutes until reduced by half.
- 5Add meat, all tomatoes, & pimentos, and cook 1 minute until just heated.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinara Migliore (Italian Marinara Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 583.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: