Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from Cooking Light August 2004. My family really enjoys this.
Make and share this Marinara Magnifica recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chopped onions (about 3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and sugar. Cook 30 min or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in wine; cook 1 min.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 hrs, stirring occasionally.