Recipe by twissis
I read Derf's "Spiced Salmon" recipe (#137983) with interest since it also uses chutney as I do, but we prefer our salmon grilled w/the smoky, lime flavor of this marinade. I use the marinade all day & then reserve it to use for a sauce I make while my DH grills the salmon. We love this & the combination of the salmon & the marinade sauce has been a big hit with our friends.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This made a glistening glaze for our slab of fresh Sockeye. The only downside is that the marinade was so spectacular that we would have hoped for its flavors to show up more on the finished product. As it was, fantastic.
- 4 (680.38 g) salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml lime juice (may use lemon juice)
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml mango chutney
- 59.14 ml honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4.92 ml dill
- reserved marinade
- cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large plastic bag, add salmon fillets & marinate for 6-8 hrs before grilling.
- While salmon grills, transfer marinade to small saucepan by pressing through a sieve. This allows the bulk & flavors of the garlic & chutney to join the sauce without making it chunky.
- Over low to medium heat only, add cream cheese & incorporate it into the sauce until you reach your desired consistency.