I came up with this marinade and wanted to share it with everyone. :) I used 2Tbs of Copycat Lipton's Onion Soup Mix cause I don't buy Lipton onion soup mix anymore since I found this recipe. Its so good!
- 2 -3 lbs chuck roast
Marinade for roast
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup budweiser select beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Bring water to boil in microwave, add soup mix, stir well.
- Add beer,brown sugar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, A-1 sauce, garlic, accent and black pepper. Stir well.
- Place roast in a baking dish or a large plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Marinade several hours or over night.
- Wrap roast in foil or use a ovens Reynolds baking bag (adding 1Tbs of flour to bag before adding roast and poke holes in top of bag) place in a baking dish.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 1 hour, turn oven down to 300° and bake another 1 hour or until tender.
Thanks to Spark People I found this chef to try one of her recipe. I chose to marinade this followed by cooking this in a crock pot. My family loved this recipe. I plan on making this again for them. On a side note because I loved this marinade so much I chose to go out on a limb and try this with chicken. Surprisingly it came out really good. We would like to rate this recipe 10 Stars!
My DH wanted something to cook on the grill and I found a nice chuck roast. I didnt use the onion soup recipe but did save it in my cookbook for another time. Since DH works for Miller I used Miller Genuine Draft instead of Budweiser. This marinade smells wonderful and the chuck roast was tender with nice flavor. Would like to try this recipe again some time and cook the chuck roast in the oven. Thank you Marsha for sharing!