Recipe by Anita Harris
This marinade gives an "excellent" flavor to your steaks or beef tenderloin roast. I like to serve this with Hash Brown Potato Casserole, Garlic Salad and hot bread. It's a good meal to serve for a dinner party. (I have posted the recipes for the potato casserole and the garlic salad). Prep times and cook times vary depending on how well done or rare you like your meat).
Top Review by KristinB
Well, I've now made this three times in the past week!! :) It is FABULOUS..the best marinade ever!! The first time I followed the recipe exactly, second time had no soy sauce so just left it out, third time used red wine vinegar instead of the apple cider vinegar. It was great each way, but we've decided we like the red wine vinegar best. Thank you so much..this is our new marinade recipe!! (We aren't fans of a 'sweet' steak & this is just nice & savory!!)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 6 steaks, of your choice or 4 -6 lbs beef tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a glass deep or large zip-lock bag and mix well.
- Add beef and marinate for several hours.
- Grill steaks, basting with marinade to desired doneness or place roast along with marinade in a baking dish and bake@ 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes for rare.
- If whole tenderloin (4-6 lbs) cook 45-60 minutes@ 425 degrees for rare (140 degrees).
- I bake the tenderloin@ 350 degrees for about 2 hours for medium well.
- Let sit about 10 minutes before slicing.