Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Cook time is marinade time.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place meat in a container add marinade and cover.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
- As you grill meat use leftover marinade to brush on meat.
I marinated a tri-tip steak for 24 hours in this marinade. Afterwards DH grilled the steak and it tasted wonderful. The marinade added a slight bit of tang to the meat and I really liked the subtleness of the basil. The only change that I made is that I reduced the amount of red wine vinegar to 1/3 cup. Thanks Charlotte J. for posting this keeper recipe.
Only had 2 hrs. to marinate my beef, and it was great! Didn't change anything.