Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have played around with marinades and come up with this one that leaves the chicken flavourful and juicy. I use skinless chicken breasts or thighs. I would also use it for pork chops. This makes enough for 3 or 4 large breasts.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped or minced)
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add your chicken pieces and place in the refridgerator for at least 3 hours, overnight is even better.
I used bone in chicken breast. I marinated for about 8 hrs. The chicken came out very tender and the flavors from the marinade had you coming back for more! Excellent marinade and I will try it using pork also. I am passing this along to my sisters, as I know they will enjoy it as much as we did. Thanks Laffer!
The aroma taunted my family. I play with them like a cat with a mouse, except I eventually let them go.
MMM mmm, great summer marinade recipe here! The bright tasting lemons go so well with the fresh basil. We marinated for about three hours and the grilled chicken was very flavorful - completely devoured for our Father's day BBQ last night! Made for ZWT6.