Recipe by ashdoes
this was so good. i can't remember where i got this recipe. it was originally for halibut but i don't like fish so i used steak. i thought 2 cloves of garlic would be too much but it was perfect. cooking time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by LainieBug
I made this using sirloin steak and marinated the full 4 hours. The end result didn't really "wow" us. I did only use 2 tablespoons of honey and maybe I should have used the 3 tablespoons. It tasted like balsamic (which we love and have used with beef before), but we didn't care for the olive oil in it. I might try this again, but I think I would use butter in place of the olive oil and possibly add shallots.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey, depending how sweet you want it
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 pieces steak (your choice) or 4 pieces fish (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, oil, and garlic in a bowl.
- Arrange choice of meat in a dish and coat completely with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Remove from marinade, reserving marinade.
- pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Use cooking method of your choice.
- While cooking meat bring marinade to a boil and simmer until it thickens slightly and becomes syrupy, whisking often, about 15 minutes.
- Put the meat on plates and spoon the sauce on top.