Recipe by Jen T
This cheesecake freezes well if it gets the chance!! Cooking time does not include setting time of a few hours or overnight.
Top Review by Tisme
Delicious !!! I made it with a dark mint chocolate I had in the pantry. Everyone loved it but I dont think I would ever get the chance to freeze it it disappeared from the plate !!!!!! This cheesecake is perfect for a great tasting dessert on a hot summers night. I will be making this one again !!! Thanks Jen.
- 4 ounces malt biscuits (or plain sweet biscuits or cookies)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 300 ml cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (melted)
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumb the biscuits in a food processer and add the melted butter. Mix well.
- Press into the base of an 8" spring form tin and bake at 180'C for 10 minutes Remove from oven and allow to cool while making the filling.
- With an electric mixer beat egg whites with 1/4 cup sugar until peaks turn over when beater is lifted.
- In another bowl beat cream to soft peak stage.
- In a large bowl beat well the cream cheese with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla.
- Add the egg yolks & melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Now fold in the egg white mixture with a metal spoon.
- Add the gelatine which has been disolved in the hot water and mix in carefully.
- Lastly fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into the cooled crumb crust and allow to set for about 6-8hrs or overnight in fridge.
- Decorate with rosettes of whipped cream and chopped nuts or curls of chocolate.
- Once set this cheesecake can be frozen.