Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dear friend Marilyn shared this recipe with me. It is a holiday favorite at her house. I did find two recipes on Zaar that were similar but omitted the mayo which is a yummy "must have ingredient" in this recipe. This recipe doubles very well.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained (French Cut)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp, drained, crumbled (or diced prior to frying)
- Combine 1st 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add drained green beans and mix well.
- Add crumbled bacon, mix.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for about 30 minutes, until heated thru, or microwave about 10 minutes until hot.
These were really good and much better than any casserole that I am forced to make during the holidays! I didn't have white vinegar so subbed apple cider which made the beans a little sweeter than what they were supposed to be (I would assume) but they were still really good. Made for ZWT-7~THE HOT PINK LADIES.
This was well received in my family. Liked the very fresh ingredients. I did use fresh green beans instead of canned. Made for ZWT 2011.
Wonderful green beans!!! I make a similar recipe for the beans, but without the mayonnaise or sugar. Loved this variation too!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 7.