Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I first had this cake at my in-laws (my SIL is Marilyn!)over the Christmas holidays in Denver, just after my husband and I were married. It is a deliciously moist cake, full of citrus flavor, that is like a taste of sunshine!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant lemon pudding
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine cake ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Blend till moistened; using mixer, beat on low speed until smooth, but do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into well greased/floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan onto serving plate.
- Top with Orange Glaze: Mix orange juice and butter.
- Add powdered sugar until a thin consistency is achieved.
- Pour onto hot cake and keep spooning glaze back on so it seeps in.
- ***Ileave the extra glaze on the serving plate to spread on each slice of cake!
My mom got this same recipe from a former employee. I love it, it got me to actually eat cake! It is the best cake with tea, by itself or for a birthday.
This was a very quick and easy cake to make. I also think that next time I will cream the butter and sugar then add then get the consistency I want with the oj. Will make this cake again.
This is a very nice cake that I will make again. I baked it in a 9 by 13" pan to take to church. It worked fine, I just added about 5 minutes to the baking time recommended on the cake mix box. The cake has a nice flavor & is light & fluffy. I had a bit of trouble with the glaze; following the directions resulted in kind of a curdled appearance. It was OK since it pretty much melted when applied to the hot cake. I would recommend creaming the margarine & sugar together & then diluting it to the preferred consistency with the oj. I poked holes in the top of the cake with a fork to allow the glaze to penetrate the cake better.