Recipe by SilentCricket
I first had this cake at my in-laws (my SIL is Marilyn!)over the Christmas holidays in Denver, just after my husband and I were married. It is a deliciously moist cake, full of citrus flavor, that is like a taste of sunshine!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes instant lemon pudding
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Blend till moistened; using mixer, beat on low speed until smooth, but do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into well greased/floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan onto serving plate.
- Top with Orange Glaze: Mix orange juice and butter.
- Add powdered sugar until a thin consistency is achieved.
- Pour onto hot cake and keep spooning glaze back on so it seeps in.
- ***Ileave the extra glaze on the serving plate to spread on each slice of cake!