Prep 336 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Stefan and Emily used to make this stuff when her herb garden was overly productive. The last batch I made was with a blend of thyme, summer savoury, basil, oregano and a bay leaf.
- 42.52 g fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 24 fluid ounce cider vinegar or 24 fluid ounce balsamic vinegar
- fresh herb, for bottling
- Mix the herbs and vinegar together in a jar.
- Seal and leave in a warm place for 2 weeks, shaking often.
- Strain the vinegar through cheesecloth and then through coffee filter paper.
- Pour into sterilised bottles and add 2-3 sprigs of fresh herb to each bottle.
- Seal with acid-proof lids or bottle tops.
This turned out very nice. Put the finished product in a pretty wine bottle and corked it. Would make a nice gift. Thanks for sharing!
I agree with Chef Kate, delicious! The thyme, summer savoury, basil, oregano and bay leaf blend you suggested is wonderful! Thanks Leonard!
Quite delicious, even made with the sort of herb they sell in greengrocers.