Recipe by Leonard Cohen
Stefan and Emily used to make this stuff when her herb garden was overly productive. The last batch I made was with a blend of thyme, summer savoury, basil, oregano and a bay leaf.
- 42.52 g fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 24 fluid ounce cider vinegar or 24 fluid ounce balsamic vinegar
- fresh herb, for bottling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the herbs and vinegar together in a jar.
- Seal and leave in a warm place for 2 weeks, shaking often.
- Strain the vinegar through cheesecloth and then through coffee filter paper.
- Pour into sterilised bottles and add 2-3 sprigs of fresh herb to each bottle.
- Seal with acid-proof lids or bottle tops.