Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- hot red pepper, to taste
- sweet red pepper, to taste
- Slice the carrots fairly thin lengthwise, and then cut slices into ¾ lengths; cook segments in boiling, salted water until just tender.
- Drain: toss in pot with remaining ingredients.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to the lowest possible setting until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers and serve them cold as an appetizer accompanying other vegetables, or include them in a tossed salad.
I'll give you an A+ on that title, it's really creative. As for the carrots, I'm not so enthusiastic. They had an odd taste, perhaps because they were overly oily. Although simple looking in composition, the flavors did not do well with all the oil. Sorry.
Everybody wants a box of chocolates, and a long stem rose. But these carrots evoke the same emotions for your loved ones. I've always felt you go to heaven once you’ve been to hell and I have had enough bad carrot recipes to qualify for that. Cooking is passion and freedom. I have tried in my ways to be free, but these carrots finaly liberated me. Kudos and keep adding recipes.
Very easy recipe. Made again, used honey instead of sugar (didn't have any). nice substitution! Although I feel bad for having messed with an already great recipe. Thanks Leonard.