Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a 1998 Food TV Cooking Live show
Make and share this Marie's White Chocolate Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf brioche bread or 1 loaf challah or 1 loaf other sweet bread, cut into 1 inch dice
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 16 ounces good quality white chocolate, chunked
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- Place diced bread into a 2 quart baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Toss chunked white chocolate with bread cubes.
- Bring milk, cream, sugar and vanilla bean to a boil over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add hot mixture to eggs.
- Do not whisk.
- Skim foam from custard.
- Strain custard over bread and chocolate.
- Let stand for 10 minutes so that bread soaks up custard.
- Place baking dish in another larger pan adding 1 inch of hot water to larger dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes until custard is set and bread is golden.