Recipe by Mad Maryno
I must say that this recipe is a little tricky, but once you get the perfect result you won't go back to those pricey soy mayonnaises. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the lemon juice to the soy milk and let curdle.
- Whisk in the arrowroot.
- Put the mixture in a small pot on medium heat.
- Let thicken for a couple of minutes (don't forget to whisk). Remove from heat source.
- Let the mixture cool down to room temperature (very very important).
- Put in a blender or food processor. Add the seasonings. Whip it up!
- On medium/slow speed, slowly drizzle, drop by drop, the vegetable oil, until the mayo is thickened.
- Hand-held blender method: Put the thickened soymilk mixture in a tall container and put the cup of oil over it. Slowly pull up your blender while constantly blending.
- Keeps for up to 10 days in your fridge.