Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
The name says it all. and it's yummy. Such a good way to use over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 bananas, well mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, slighly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a big bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the liquid mix to the sifted dry ingredients. Mix well and fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour in the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
ABSOLUTELY DO LOVE BANANA BREAD, & the riper the bananas, the better (& more intense) the flavor! Thought the toasted nuts also contributed nicely to the overall flavor! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
I loved the taste and enjoyed in within a day! :) however i did sub in shortening=for oil and 1/2 cup honey for the sugar. YUM!