Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very thick, hearty chili made with taco seasoning mix, fire roasted tomatoes, kidney and black beans. It goes together really quick and is so delicious! Serve topped with your choice of sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, etc.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced small
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground meat (ground beef, pork and veal)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- Saute onion and green pepper in oil until soft.
- Place tomatoes, sauce and water in blender and mix.
- Brown meat in another splash of oil, then add seasoning mix and salt and pepper.
- Add tomato mixture to pot and stir, then add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.