Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made this for dinner tonight and it is awesome! Quick, easy and delicious - my kind of recipe.
- 2 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets (6oz each tilapia)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine (from refrigerated section)
- Salt and pepper tilapia to taste, then dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan on medium high and saute tilapia for two minutes on each side.
- Remove fish from pan.
- Lower heat and saute onion and garlic in same pan just until soft.
- Add tomatoes to blender with onions, garlic, basil and white wine.
- Add tomato sauce to frypan and add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Return fish to sauce and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in salted water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove fish to serving dishes.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce in frypan.
- Turn to coat several times with tongs.
- Serve linguine alongside tilapia.
Who would have known that tilapia went so well with marinara sauce and a side of pasta? This recipe was very easy to follow, quick, and delicious! Thanks, M, for another amazing recipe. I love going to your cookbook for recipe ideas!