Recipe by Marie
Made this for dinner tonight and it is awesome! Quick, easy and delicious - my kind of recipe.
Top Review by sandra.muzquiz_11542140
Who would have known that tilapia went so well with marinara sauce and a side of pasta? This recipe was very easy to follow, quick, and delicious! Thanks, M, for another amazing recipe. I love going to your cookbook for recipe ideas!
- 2 (340.19 g) tilapia fillets (6oz each tilapia)
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 425.24 g can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml fresh basil
- 255.14 g package fresh linguine (from refrigerated section)
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper tilapia to taste, then dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan on medium high and saute tilapia for two minutes on each side.
- Remove fish from pan.
- Lower heat and saute onion and garlic in same pan just until soft.
- Add tomatoes to blender with onions, garlic, basil and white wine.
- Add tomato sauce to frypan and add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Return fish to sauce and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in salted water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove fish to serving dishes.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce in frypan.
- Turn to coat several times with tongs.
- Serve linguine alongside tilapia.