Recipe by Marie
This is a detailed recipe on how to cook a sirloin tip roast. The most important thing to remember is to not overcook it or it will be tough. Very tasty served with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.
Top Review by Taylor's Mommy
All I can say is WOW!!!! I usually put my meat in the crockpot because it always comes out dry from the oven. I have tried so many oven recipes and almost gave up, but decided to give your recipe a try. I am so glad I did! It came out perfectly. So moist and tasted like an expensive cut of meat. I will now only use this recipe for any roast I make. Thank you for a fabulous recipe :)
- 1020.58 g sirloin tip roast
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove roast from refrigerator one hour before serving to bring meat to room temperature for more even cooking.
- Mix together rest of ingredients and rub over roast.
- Let set for one half hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°, place roast in pan and place on upper oven rack.
- Cook for 25 minutes per lb for medium or approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness - should read 140° for medium.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil to keep warm and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.