Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a detailed recipe on how to cook a sirloin tip roast. The most important thing to remember is to not overcook it or it will be tough. Very tasty served with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Remove roast from refrigerator one hour before serving to bring meat to room temperature for more even cooking.
- Mix together rest of ingredients and rub over roast.
- Let set for one half hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°, place roast in pan and place on upper oven rack.
- Cook for 25 minutes per lb for medium or approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness - should read 140° for medium.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil to keep warm and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
All I can say is WOW!!!! I usually put my meat in the crockpot because it always comes out dry from the oven. I have tried so many oven recipes and almost gave up, but decided to give your recipe a try. I am so glad I did! It came out perfectly. So moist and tasted like an expensive cut of meat. I will now only use this recipe for any roast I make. Thank you for a fabulous recipe :)
Thank you so much! Low and slow heat was really the tip that I needed. I added carrots, celery, onion, and tomato too. I used toothpicks to "pin" the veggies to the meat to keep it moister and add to the flavor. Mmmm... :o)
Best roast I have ever cooked! It was devoured. Perfectly moist and tasty. Best part was how easy it was.