I used Barilla's whole wheat thin spaghetti for this recipe and it is wonderful! Very light and very tasty. You can also substitute linguine or regular thin spaghetti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion and garlic lightly in olive oil over medium heat, being careful not to brown.
- 2Add tomatoes, sauce and basil to blender and blend until fairly smooth.
- 3Add mixture back to saute pan and add salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. (Tomatoes have sodium, so be careful with how much you add.).
- 4Drain one can of clams and add liquid only to sauce.
- 5Stir and bring to boil, lower heat and simmer sauce for about 20 minutes.
- 6Drain other 2 cans clams and reserve liquid.
- 7Cook pasta and about 5 minutes before it is done, add clams to sauce.
- 8If sauce is too thick add a little more of the reserved clam liquid.
- 9Add cooked pasta to sauce and stir for a few minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marie's Spaghetti With Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.2
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 1624.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 49.8 g