1 hr 45 mins
The very best lasagna you could ever ask for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin removed)
- 3 links Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat olive oil, brown chicken thighs and remove from pan.
- 2Add onion and garlic to pan saute until soft, then remove to blender.
- 3Add tomatoes and basil and blend until sauce is smooth.
- 4Meanwhile, combine ground beef, Parmesan cheese, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
- 5Remove sausage from casings and brown in same pan along with beef mixture.
- 6Add blended tomatoes and sauces, chicken thighs and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Simmer for 1 hour.
- 8Remove chicken from bones, shred and add to sauce.
- 9Bring pot of water to a boil, add lasagna and cook for 10 minutes.
- 10Drain well and rinse with cold water.
- 11Add layer of sauce to bottom of casserole dish.
- 12Layer with noodles, filling, sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella and repeat layers until all is used up.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes uncovered.
- 14Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marie's Italian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.6
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 167.7 mg
- Sodium 960.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 43.0 g