Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Many years ago in Santa Ana, CA, my husband and I (who was my boyfriend back then) use to go to a small hole in the wall place called the "Cup and Saucer" on Main St., owned by a Chinese family. They were opened for breakfast only. Place was always very busy. I was always hooked on this omelet I'd ordered with a large glass of OJ served over crushed ice. When it came to our table, it looked like a soft pillow on my plate. I STILL cannot cook an omelet that way. The restaurant has closed down since then, but I thought, maybe I could try cooking it at home for dinner. This is what I came up with. The family loves it.
- Sauté onion, butter & soy sauce together till soft.
- Add rice and a vegetable.
- Cook till heated through. I like my rice where the color is a medium brown or tan from the soy sauce.
- I use a Teflon pan to make my omelet.
- Once you have your omelet two thirds cooked, add the rice ingredient. Be careful and don't scorch.
- Also the rice ingredients listed is good for 2 omelets. This recipe you can cook, where you can really add anything you want. Have fun with it, and be creative! I just gave you the basics to get you going --.
- This is more time consuming if you are making this for a family --.