Recipe by Mad Maryno
I didnt really loved chicken nuggets as a non-vegan, but yesterday I had that incredible craving... And made those, with some inspirations from fellow PPK-ers (www.theppk.com forum). Yummy, served with some cajun baked fries, or sweet potato fries...
- 3⁄4 lb extra firm tofu, pressed, then cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk, for dipping
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crumbled fine
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a food processor, put the tofu, dried thyme, nutritionnal yeast, lemon juice, onion powder and some salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until well blended (or mash until crumbled very finely).
- Mix the cornflakes and the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Salt to taste.
- Put the soymilk in a small bowl.
- Form 18 small patties with the tofu mix. Dip in the soymilk then roll in the cornflake crumb --
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes --
- You can also freeze them before cooking. It will make the tofu chewier, and more nugget-y.