Recipe by Marie
My absolute favorite chicken dish. I have put together bits and pieces of other chicken French recipes and this is the result. Almost failproof, comes out good every time.
Top Review by JoyfulTRC
I loved this recipe! I wanted more lemon so I increased mine to 1/2 cup of lemon juice and also increased the wine to 3/4 cup. I love my chicken french in a thicker sauce so I also added a little flour & water to the sauce. I have given this recipe out to many friends and family :-)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together eggs, cheese and parsley.
- Between two sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken thin.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in beaten egg mixture.
- Fry in olive oil until brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- In same skillet, saute garlic lightly, then add wine and bring to boil.
- Add broth and lemon juice.
- Lastly, stir in butter.
- Add chicken back to pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes.