Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My absolute favorite chicken dish. I have put together bits and pieces of other chicken French recipes and this is the result. Almost failproof, comes out good every time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Mix together eggs, cheese and parsley.
- Between two sheets of plastic wrap, pound chicken thin.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in beaten egg mixture.
- Fry in olive oil until brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- In same skillet, saute garlic lightly, then add wine and bring to boil.
- Add broth and lemon juice.
- Lastly, stir in butter.
- Add chicken back to pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes.
I loved this recipe! I wanted more lemon so I increased mine to 1/2 cup of lemon juice and also increased the wine to 3/4 cup. I love my chicken french in a thicker sauce so I also added a little flour & water to the sauce. I have given this recipe out to many friends and family :-)
Fantastic recipe! We really loved this dish, although we did have to make some substitutions due to no white wine. Thank you!
Found this recipe and it is the only chicken french recipe i will EVER use !!! Tastes amazing and is a fan favorite in my household