Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from my friend Marie. Everyone that tries these love them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pistachio pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix.
- Add eggs and food coloring.
- Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Add butterscotch chips and chopped pecans.
- Chill for several hours.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- (cooking time includes chill time).
These are really fun...I made a practice 1/2 batch during ZWT3 and now plan to include them in future Irish/Celtic parties and celebrations - they are a nice addition to the usual soda bread/scone type treats that I would normally bring. The only thing I did differently was to use a small package of a sugar-free pudding mix (that happened to be what I had on hand)...I DID use the food coloring (part of the FUN!!!) and tried to keep them looking as "stone-like" as possible by rolling them into tight little balls so they would not flatten out too much. The butterscotch with the hint of pistachio was DELISH!!! Thanks Alskann! This brought back kiddie memories of St. Paddy's Days when my Dad would put a couple of drops of green food coloring into our taters or milk to give us a giggle!!
Wow these are the best cookies! I love buttersctoch and my bf and I couldn't stop eating then, they're addictive :) Made this for ZWT3.