Recipe by ElaineAnn
Marie was my sis-in-law’s mother. She loved to feed people! These were her favorite holiday cookies. Cook time does not include chill time.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup candied cherry, chopped
- 1 cup candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat margarine, sugar, and eggs until creamy.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients with nuts and fruit. Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful about 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly with finger.
- Remove to racks to cool.