Recipe by JenCovington
I got this recipe from a very close family friend who served it at her annual Ladies' Christmas Tea and Cookie Exchange. I don't usually do the candle part because I don't like to mess with it, but it does make for a beautiful presentation.
- 1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups sugar (or 1/2 Splenda, 1/2 sugar)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- red-hot candies
- lemon (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Let simmer on low heat until everything is dissolved.
- Add ½ to 1 cup red hot candies to pan and let melt.
- Fill a coffee cup with tea and float a slice of lemon on top of tea with a red candle in the center of the lemon.
- Light the candle and serve.