1/1 Photo of Marie Callender's Potato Cheese Soup
Nana Lee's Note:
The original recipe is large, so you may want to halve the recipe or make the whole thing and freeze the rest. Good freezing recipe. From: Marie Callender's Restaurants Source: Ask Your Neighbor; Orange County Register 02/24/99 Marie Callender's is a chain of restaurants in the southwest (US). Sister companies are: Chi-Chi's restaurants, Taco Bell, Claim Jumper, El Torito and the Cheesecake Factory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes, onions, celery and salt in water to cover in a large pot.
- 2Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Puree just until chunky in blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- 4Return to soup pot; add half-and-half, butter and cheese.
- 5Stirring, simmer until piping hot. (Do not boil.).
- 7Garnish with parsley if desired. Good served with cornbread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marie Callender's Potato Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.1
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 845.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g