Recipe by RecipeNut
Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Top Review by Carrie Ann
The textures and flavours of the light lemoney custard combined with the dense richness of the cheese cake in this recipe was a wonderful treat for the tastebuds. I served it incircled with fresh raspberry sauce and garnished with raspberries. Delicious.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar in a small bowl.
- Press the crust mixture into an 8-inch pie pan.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling by mixing cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and an egg using an electric mixer.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese filling into graham cracker crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is cooked.
- A knife stuck in the middle of the filling should come out mostly clean.
- As the pie cools, make the lemon filling by combining 1/2 cup sugar with cornstarch, salt and water in a small saucepan.
- Set mixture over low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Whisk in egg yolks, then add lemon juice and butter.
- When mixture simmers again remove it immediately from the heat.
- Pour the lemon filling over the cream cheese filling, and let the pie cool.
- When cool, chill pie in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Slice into 6 pieces to serve restaurant-size portions.