Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Make and share this Marie Callender's Lemon Cream Cheese Pie by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar in a small bowl.
- Press the crust mixture into an 8-inch pie pan.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling by mixing cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and an egg using an electric mixer.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese filling into graham cracker crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is cooked.
- A knife stuck in the middle of the filling should come out mostly clean.
- As the pie cools, make the lemon filling by combining 1/2 cup sugar with cornstarch, salt and water in a small saucepan.
- Set mixture over low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Whisk in egg yolks, then add lemon juice and butter.
- When mixture simmers again remove it immediately from the heat.
- Pour the lemon filling over the cream cheese filling, and let the pie cool.
- When cool, chill pie in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Slice into 6 pieces to serve restaurant-size portions.