From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is a must with my family when we have chili!
Make and share this Marie Callender's Famous Golden Cornbread by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add the milk, shortening, and egg and mix only until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8x8-inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Slice with sharp knife into 9 pieces.
- Serve warm with honey butter, if desired.
- For the honey butter, use a mixer on high speed to whip the butter and honey together until smooth and fluffy.