Recipe by Battle in Seattle
Just as good if not better than the restaurant. And, as those Jiffy cake mixes become harder to find, this will always be available!
Top Review by mapaklenk
Yummmmie. This is light and sweet - almost cakelike. Not very healthy, but I used the Heart Healthy Bisquick and part Splenda; also used half skim and half lowfat buttermilk. It rises so nicely, we got about 9 servings. Thanks for sharing! UPDATE: Replaced 1/3 cup of the butter with 1/3 cup applesauce and it was still GREAT. So nice to have it so yummy and a little less naughty.
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8" pan on bottom and sides; set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until well blended.
- Add sugar, milk, melted butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Add Bisquick and cornmeal to egg mixture, and mix just enough to completely moisten dry ingredients and leave no lumps.
- Do not overmix.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out dry and top is firm to touch.
- Doubles easily into 9x13" pan; adjust baking time accordingly.