Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just as good if not better than the restaurant. And, as those Jiffy cake mixes become harder to find, this will always be available!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8" pan on bottom and sides; set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until well blended.
- Add sugar, milk, melted butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Add Bisquick and cornmeal to egg mixture, and mix just enough to completely moisten dry ingredients and leave no lumps.
- Do not overmix.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out dry and top is firm to touch.
- Doubles easily into 9x13" pan; adjust baking time accordingly.
I have looked for 40 yrs. for a recipe for cornbread as good as Marie Callender's , and finally, found this one, truly this one is even better as it is not as heavy, this is light ,moist, sweet and full of flavor, I am sending this recipe to all my family and friends. If you are looking for the very best one, don't go any further.This is it guys! Thanks to RecipeZaar and to the Chef that sent this in. WONDERFUL!
This cornbread is really good for one that uses a mix. I love how light and sweet it was. Will definitely be making it again. Thanks for sharing.
Very adaptable to our tastes. I reduced the sugar to 1/3 c. as previously tried, then upped the cornmeal to 1 c. and used only 1 1/2 c. bisquick. It still turned out light, moist and yes, I agree I could have reduced the sugar a bit more. I think this recipe could handle it! A winner all around. Thanks for posting--