Recipe by Kay D.
From MasterCook. Don't expect a coarse grained cornbread here. These taste more like corn cake, and are the most awesome muffins I've ever stuffed in my mouth. They don't even need butter.
Top Review by PaulaG
This cornbread is very good. I used my Cornbread Mix Recipe #167160 for the muffin mix. Also, it is just the 2 of us so I mixed together the cake mix and muffin mix, weighed and measured out half. I then prepared 1/2 the recipe and have the other 1/2 to make another time. I baked the cornbread in a square glass pan instead of muffins.
- 1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
- Pour mixes into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups.
- I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the"bowl lickers".
- Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.