Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From MasterCook. Don't expect a coarse grained cornbread here. These taste more like corn cake, and are the most awesome muffins I've ever stuffed in my mouth. They don't even need butter.
- 1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
- Pour mixes into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- The batter will be very thick.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups.
- I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the"bowl lickers".
- Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.
This cornbread is very good. I used my Cornbread Mix Cornbread Mix for the muffin mix. Also, it is just the 2 of us so I mixed together the cake mix and muffin mix, weighed and measured out half. I then prepared 1/2 the recipe and have the other 1/2 to make another time. I baked the cornbread in a square glass pan instead of muffins.
It's Super Bowl Sunday morning. I just finished making this recipe. It made approx. 60 mini-muffins to go with chili. I only had evaporated milk in the house so I used it, along with a second jiffy mix. Then I split the batter in halves & to half the batter I added a small can of diced chilis and 1 cup shredded cheddar. I agree, they are not the most "corny" muffins but the texture if great, and there is just a hint of sweetness. Thanks for the post. Happy Cooking!
I always make my cornbread from scratch, but when I saw this recipe with Marie Callender's name attached, I was intrigued. It came out exactly as I hoped!I loved the slight "cake mix flavor." I had to use a homemade version of the corn muffin part, but it was still a snap to put together. I baked in a 13 x 9 pan. Thanks for posting! Roxygirl in Colo.