Recipe by ckambic
This recipe was in the local newspaper submitted by Marie B. of PA. It was one of the new cookie recipes I tried for Christmas several years ago.It has been added to my annual list of cookies recipes to make! Yummy!
Top Review by Vicki #4
I doubled this recipe and had a problem with them not spreading (they cooked in lump formation). I added a few T butter-flavored shortening to the (very stiff) batter, and lightly pressed down on the dough balls before baking. Perfect! Delicious! Very much like a Mrs. Field's Coco-Mac cookie. Next time, I will try using only 2 cups of flour to see if this will improve the spread situation...if not, the shortening did the trick nicely. It's a keeper.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugars, and egg.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda.
- Dough will be very stiff.
- Stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 8-10 min.
- The centers should still be soft.
- Allow to cool 1 min.
- on the baking sheet, then remove and allow to cool completely.