Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite recipe for chili. It's the way my mom prepared it when I was growing up & I've only modified to include stewing beef in addition to ground beef. My husband claims this as his favorite way to have chili, too!! Hope you enjoy!!!
- 4 onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into small chunks
- 4 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained & rinsed (I prefer light kidney beans)
- Saute onion & garlic in olive oil until onions are soft.
- Add ground beef & brown, breaking into small pieces.
- Add stewing beef pieces & brown.
- Add tomato soup, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, crushed red pepper & pepper then simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add rinsed & drained kidney beans, simmer for 2 hours - stirring frequently.
- Serving suggestion: serve over macaroni noodles and top with grated cheddar cheese.