Recipe by glitter
We make this recipe every holiday. It has become a real family favorite for quite a few years now.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags broccoli, cooked,chopped,and well drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine, divided in half
- 1⁄4 lb Ritz crackers or 1⁄4 lb butter flavored cracker, finely ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli according to directions.
- When done, drain well, then chop fine.
- Spray a casserole with pam or lightly butter a casserole dish or a 10" pie plate.
- In a measuring glass melt the cheese and 4 tblsp.
- of the butter (which is 1/2 of the stick) in the microwave for 45 sec on med/low.
- Depending on your microwave.
- you only want it to be melted enough where you can pour the contents over the broccli.
- Or if you prefer you can cut the cheese in small pcs.
- and the butter as well and dabble it over the broccoli.
- I just think it blends easier the first way.
- Crush the crackers and melt the other 1/2 of the butter and mix.
- Sprinkle this over the broccoli.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minute Can make this early and heat later in micro to take to someone's house!