Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We make this recipe every holiday. It has become a real family favorite for quite a few years now.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags broccoli, cooked,chopped,and well drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine, divided in half
- 1⁄4 lb Ritz crackers or 1⁄4 lb butter flavored cracker, finely ground
- Cook broccoli according to directions.
- When done, drain well, then chop fine.
- Spray a casserole with pam or lightly butter a casserole dish or a 10" pie plate.
- In a measuring glass melt the cheese and 4 tblsp.
- of the butter (which is 1/2 of the stick) in the microwave for 45 sec on med/low.
- Depending on your microwave.
- you only want it to be melted enough where you can pour the contents over the broccli.
- Or if you prefer you can cut the cheese in small pcs.
- and the butter as well and dabble it over the broccoli.
- I just think it blends easier the first way.
- Crush the crackers and melt the other 1/2 of the butter and mix.
- Sprinkle this over the broccoli.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minute Can make this early and heat later in micro to take to someone's house!
Very simple to prepare and oh how we loved the cheesy goodness....great combination with the broccoli. Thanks for sharing this winner, Glitter, can't wait to make it again.