Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An old college friend gave me this recipe. I make them for our Christmas Eve party every year.
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more if needed to moisten
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- garlic salt, to taste
- miniature party rye rounds
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Combine all ingredients and place on the Party Rye bread.
- Broil until brown and bubbly.
This was easy to put together and had a good taste. Not mentioned in the recipe directions, but it can definitely be made in advance and refrigerated until needed which makes it great for a party.
I was totally prepared to give this 4 stars, it sounded easy enough, but the flavors seemed predictable. I was pleasently surprised, the flavors were great! And am thrilled that I can whip this up quickly when company drops by as I almost always have the ingredients on hand.