Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My mother in law makes a mean roast. This is a crock pot version of hers which will have you begging for more!
- 1360.77 g beef roast
- 3 slice bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use a scissor to save time)
- 8 garlic cloves, 6 quartered, 2 mashed
- 4.92-9.85 ml sea salt
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml smoky paprika
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml oregano, to taste
- 2.46 ml thyme, to taste
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- Using a sharp, thin knife (like a boning knife), create deep holes in the meat, inserting the quartered pieces of garlic and bacon.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt first, then add paprika, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- Put the roast into the crockpot and cook on low 7-10 hours, or until done.
- Note: if you like, you can also add 1/2 glass red wine about 1 hour before the roast is done.
- You can substitute a pork sirloin roast for the beef too, mmmmm.
Canarygirl, this one ought to be number one in place of my "To Die For" roast! I had people over for dinner and we all devored this! I don't have a motar and pestle, so I used a fork and a bowl and a little elbow grease and it worked fine! I didn't think my paprika was "smoky" enough so I added a dash of liquid smoke. All of the spices and seasonings produce a very exotic tasting roast! I can't wait for lunch...there was just enough meat left over for a sandwhich!
This is very easy and good. The meat was so tender~it just fell apart. Good mixture of seasoning. I will be making this again maybe with the pork roast next. Thanks for a great crockpot recipe canarygirl.
This is so good and so easy to prepare. I didn't have any thyme, so I left it out. The next time I will cut back on the paprika - it was pretty strong tasting for me. When the roast was done, I added some beef broth to the juices and thickened it with flour and water which made the most wonderful tasting gravy. Overall, a great recipe!