Recipe by canarygirl
My mother in law makes a mean roast. This is a crock pot version of hers which will have you begging for more!
Top Review by yooper
Canarygirl, this one ought to be number one in place of my "To Die For" roast! I had people over for dinner and we all devored this! I don't have a motar and pestle, so I used a fork and a bowl and a little elbow grease and it worked fine! I didn't think my paprika was "smoky" enough so I added a dash of liquid smoke. All of the spices and seasonings produce a very exotic tasting roast! I can't wait for lunch...there was just enough meat left over for a sandwhich!
- 1 (3 lb) beef roast
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use a scissor to save time)
- 8 garlic cloves, 6 quartered, 2 mashed
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp, thin knife (like a boning knife), create deep holes in the meat, inserting the quartered pieces of garlic and bacon.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt first, then add paprika, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- Put the roast into the crockpot and cook on low 7-10 hours, or until done.
- Note: if you like, you can also add 1/2 glass red wine about 1 hour before the roast is done.
- You can substitute a pork sirloin roast for the beef too, mmmmm.