1/2 Photos of Maria's Best Crock Pot Roast
8 hrs 10 mins
My mother in law makes a mean roast. This is a crock pot version of hers which will have you begging for more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) beef roast
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use a scissor to save time)
- 8 garlic cloves, 6 quartered, 2 mashed
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1Using a sharp, thin knife (like a boning knife), create deep holes in the meat, inserting the quartered pieces of garlic and bacon.
- 2Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt first, then add paprika, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- 3Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- 4Put the roast into the crockpot and cook on low 7-10 hours, or until done.
- 5Note: if you like, you can also add 1/2 glass red wine about 1 hour before the roast is done.
- 6You can substitute a pork sirloin roast for the beef too, mmmmm.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maria's Best Crock Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 589.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 50.0 g