My mother in law makes a mean roast. This is a crock pot version of hers which will have you begging for more!
- 1 (3 lb) beef roast
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use a scissor to save time)
- 8 garlic cloves, 6 quartered, 2 mashed
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Using a sharp, thin knife (like a boning knife), create deep holes in the meat, inserting the quartered pieces of garlic and bacon.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt first, then add paprika, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- Put the roast into the crockpot and cook on low 7-10 hours, or until done.
- Note: if you like, you can also add 1/2 glass red wine about 1 hour before the roast is done.
- You can substitute a pork sirloin roast for the beef too, mmmmm.