1/2 Photos of Maria's Best Crock Pot Roast
8 hrs 10 mins
My mother in law makes a mean roast. This is a crock pot version of hers which will have you begging for more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) beef roast
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use a scissor to save time)
- 8 garlic cloves, 6 quartered, 2 mashed
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1Using a sharp, thin knife (like a boning knife), create deep holes in the meat, inserting the quartered pieces of garlic and bacon.
- 2Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt first, then add paprika, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- 3Rub this mixture all over the roast.
- 4Put the roast into the crockpot and cook on low 7-10 hours, or until done.
- 5Note: if you like, you can also add 1/2 glass red wine about 1 hour before the roast is done.
- 6You can substitute a pork sirloin roast for the beef too, mmmmm.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maria's Best Crock Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 589.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 50.0 g