Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A 70s recipe from the Chelsea Hotel
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, cut into thin 1 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, cut into thin 1 inch slices
- 12 -14 ounces canned or jarred artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (Optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Steam broccoli, carrots, celery, and peppers till crisp-tender; rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Toss broccoli, carrots, celery, peppers, and artichokes in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and ground red pepper and toss again.
- Chill a few hours; store refrigerated.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve.
I made these today for the second time. I used a low-sodium Greek dressing (not fat-free!), added some sliced yellow peppers and beets for extra taste and colour. Served well chilled, they were a delicious light contrast to my homemade very spicy Chinese pork fried rice. This one's a winner.