1/2 Photos of Maria Luisa (Salvadoran Layer Cake)
This cake so wonderful served as dessert or with tea. You may omit the orange zest and substitute milk for the orange juice if you like. Use any jam you wish. Raspberry is very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three cake pans. Sift together flour and baking powder.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until fluffy and light, about 3-5 minutes. Add orange zest and vanilla and beat in 15 seconds more.
- 3With mixer at medium speed, add one egg at a time, letting each egg incorporate before adding the next.
- 4Turn mixer to medium-low. Add flour in three parts, alternating with the orange juice until smooth. Don't overbeat.
- 5Spoon equal parts of batter into the three cake pans. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove cakes and cool completely.
- 6Mix the marmalade with a little water and stir till almost pourable. Spread half the marmalade over one of the layers. Add the next layer on top and spread with the other half of the marmalade. Top with the last layer.
- 7Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar through a sieve and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maria Luisa (Salvadoran Layer Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.9
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 292.8 mg
- Sodium 379.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 81.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g