Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Maria Luisa is an elegant cake that is very popular in El Salvador.
Make and share this Maria Luisa recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray*. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium/ high speed for about 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy and light. Add the orange zest and vanilla and beat until well combined. Reduce the mixer’s speed to medium, and add the eggs (one at a time, making sure that the last is fully incorporated before adding the next).
- Reduce the mixer’s speed to low. Carefully add the flour mixture in parts, alternating with the orange juice. Combine until smooth, being careful not to overbeat.
- Divide the batter amongst the 3 cake pans*. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cakes completely on a cake rack.
- *If desired, you can make it a 2 layer cake instead. Just use 2 pans instead of 3.